Data analysis of our flight
When you want to terminate the flight, simply click on the "Finish!" button. VivendoByte
FlightSim Logger will save all the data in a .zip file.
The software automatically put your .zip file in your Documents\VivendoByte FlightSim Logger.
This zip file contains the following files:
- a .kml file: you can open it using Google Earth
- a .csv file: you can open it using Excel template available under "Download" section of this website
Data Analysis with Google Earth
You can open KML file with Google Earth, then you can explore and navigate the log directly on Google Maps. The flight will be rendered with latitude, longitude and altitude. In fact, the flight is a real 3D trace in the virtual sky of Google Earth. Using Google Earth features you can customize colors and style of the flight trace: you can load multiples flight log at the same time, and draw each flight with different colors.
Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel
If you want to analyze accurately your flight, you must use our Excel template:
you can find it under "Download" section of this website. Excel template is compatible
with Excel 97/2003/2007/2010, both Italian and English localization. Once you have
imported .csv file, you can obtain a lot of data, in two different format: analytical
and graphical. For example:
- altitude pattern
- banking pattern in two different mode
- statistics about overflown terrain
- rpm pattern (for a maximum of four engines)
- aircraft and fuel weight
- fuel flow pattern
To load a .csv file, please follow these steps:
- extract .csv file from the .zip file generated by VivendoByte FlightSim Logger
- download Excel template and save it wherever you want on your PC
- open Excel template
- press CTRL + SHIFT + L to start the macro: select .csv file that you want open
The import procedure will load the flight log, and automatically updates all the
diagram. Please wait confirmation message.